The Spa will generally be delivered on a trailer. Please ensure there is adequate access to your driveway and Spa site. Hot Tubs will be positioned using a rolling dolly. The Spa will be positioned sideways onto the dolly. If you have ordered a Spa, but feel the dolly will not be adequate for maneuvering your Spa, then please let us know so that we can discuss your individual requirements. To avoid disappointment please check the points to consider below.
Check the dimensions of your Spa and compare the Spa dimensions to the width of any gates and paths along the delivery route between the road and the installation site (typically 36” gate openings are needed). It may be necessary for you to remove a gate or partially remove a fence in order to provide an unobstructed passageway. If the delivery route will require a 90 degree turn, don’t forget to check the measurements at the turn to ensure the Hot Tub will fit. Also, look for any protruding utility meters, low roof eaves, overhanging trees or gutters that might cause an obstruction. In some very rare circumstances it might be necessary to hire a crane for the installation. This would be to avoid damage to the Tub or to your property, because there is no other way to get the spa into position. This extra cost for the crane would have to be met by you.
- Are doors, gates and alleyways large enough? (36” in the typical minimum)
- Does the Spa have to be taken over soft lawn or deep gravel? If so, please make sure boards are put down for protection and to assist delivery if necessary. The dolly truck will not travel over a very soft/wet lawn or extremely uneven ground.
- Have you taken into account obstructions such as drainpipes, shelves, guttering, trees etc? Make sure these are removed prior to delivery if necessary. The overall height of the Spa will be higher by about 2’ due to using the dolly.
- Is there enough room for turning the Spa in tight corners to move it into position?
- Is there enough room to access the Spa, once it is in position? We recommend that there is access to all four sides however, it is particularly important that there is one access to a side containing the control pad. Please take into account your Electrical source when considering your Spa location.
- Are there any steep slopes or walls? We can manage small slopes or walls if extra labor is on site to help take the spa off the dolly. For larger walls and steep slopes, then a crane may be necessary.
Tuff Spas will generally supply two men to install your Spa. If you think the Spa will have to be removed from the dolly for any reason then we will need to arrange extra labor to assist.